Thursday, April 17, 2008

30's the new 20?

Bryce's 30th birthday was yesterday!  I can't believe he is 30 only because we started dating when he was 18!  Time has gone by so fast and I can't can't believe where are lives have brought us over the last 10 years.  We have two beautiful children who make us laugh every day and a wonderful life that is really only beginning.  I am so grateful to have a husband who loves to go out and play basketball, golf, etc. with his boys and is working so hard to provide a good life for his family.  
Bryce started out the his birthday in the best way he knows... a round of golf.  We were than able to spend the night out with some friends at our favorite place, the Cheesecake Factory.  I am going to miss Cheesecake because sadly they don't have one in Iowa.  We skipped the actual cheesecake this time because we had birthday cake waiting at home.  He blew out all 30 candles on the cake and almost set off the fire alarm in the process with all of the smoke.  Landon picked out a Guitar Hero shirt for his dad that he was so proud of because his dad plays it so much.  Also, If your wondering what I got him for his birthday, Bryce was playing his round of golf this morning with some new irons than my dad also contributed to... Thanks Dad!  
All- in- all I think he had a great 30th birthday, I hope, and I'm so happy I am the one who gets to celebrate with him every year.  Happy Birthday Babe!

I'm really going to miss these guys!

This was the "free" dessert at the Cheesecake Factory

that's a lot of candles on one birthday cake!

You can see all of the smoke surrounding the cake
from blowing out the candles


7 comments:

Jami said...

Happy Birthday Old Man. Stockton was looking at the cake and said Wow he is old that is a lot of candles.

The Hille's said...

You know, we have too much fun! If we didn't have so much fun I think it would make this moving thing much easier. Well, lets plan on spending Bryce's 40th together! I think that's do- able!

Chad said...

Hey Nat! I wanted to say hello, sounds like you guys are doing well. COngrats on matching and good luck in Iowa! Thats actually my fav place to drive through when we would drive across the country. Take care, I'm glad I found ya! Natalie (Bye() TIngey

Jaime Stephens said...

Hey I was glad when I decided to check your blog off lindsays and it was blocked anymore... This is jaime jolley by the way. Happy birthday holy cow 30 tell Bryce he is old:-). Good news for you there is a cheesecake in des moines we used to drive over an hour to go there .. YOur family is cute and your boys are so big.

McGiven Family.... said...

I got my dress at BCBG outlet. The best part about living in Vegas is the shopping! Love it!

Renee said...

Hey Natalie! It's Renee! I am so glad that you are back in the "public" blogging world. I have tried so many times to connect to your blog and haven't been able to! Your boys are getting so big. I hope you don't mind if I check in on you every once in awhile! Hope all is well!

Renee Hill Holland
hollandgang.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Hey guys! This is Jenni, your (Bryce's) cousin. Happy (late) Birthday to Bryce. And good luck in Iowa! That's awesome that you are on your way to residency.... oh, how I wish we were to that stage of this whole MD thing! My husband has applied and is on 3 alternate lists and we are hoping and praying we get in somewhere this year! If not, I guess we'll try again next year. Hope you don't mind if I link to your guys' blog. It is fun to keep up on fam. I didn't put your last name ;)