Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

The stockings were hung from the chimney with care... even that "Damn" stocking!  Yes, I said it and I am referring to Chase's stocking.  My Grandma made all of her Grandchildren stockings and my mom decided to carry on the tradition with her own Grandchildren.  So far she has completed only one... Landon's.  She started Chase's four years ago, but only finished about one-fourth of it.  As I was leaving home after Thanksgiving break she handed me Chase's un-finished stocking and asked me to finish it for her.  Well, that would have been fine had I known how much freakin' work went into it!  On top of the hours ahead of me to complete it by Christmas she didn't send me home with all the supplies so I had to run around town looking for the matching sequins and more string, multiple times!  Needless to say, I spent MANY hours working on it to finish it by Christmas even with the discouraging comments by my husband to just go out and buy one.  Chase was so excited when it was finished and even gave me his own input on how he wanted his name on it.  It turned out very cute, but after that I'm now sure I will not be carrying on the same tradition of making my Grandchildren stockings.  I told my mom to start working on my future children's stockings now so that maybe by the time I have another one she will be at least half way through with it this time.

Turned out very cute, but will forever be thought of as that
"Damn Stocking"

Homemade sugar cookies and milk for Santa
with carrots for the reindeer

Christmas morning with Landon on his new bike!

Chase is our little snow bunny and is constantly playing in it.
The new sled was a huge hit this year!

It took Santa FOREVER to find a Mizzou football this year!
It was the only thing he asked Him for and who knew it would be so hard to find.

I absolutely LOVE this picture of Chase.
It explains Christmas morning for him so well.
He got a million action figures this year and has loved every one!
(Notice the Transformer underwear peaking through... love it!)


Christmas was wrapped up with "Guitar Hero Rock Band" this year...
which I had now idea we were getting, thanks Santa!


The boys trying to figure out the new game.  
It has been a hit in our house and everyone has fun playing it.

8 comments:

Erica said...

That damn stocking looks great! Sucks that it took so long. You guys better not have any more kids so that you don't have to do another one! I need to come play rock band. I've never played it!

Jami said...

I love the stocking it did turn out very cute. I guess I am a bad mom since I got mine at the dollar store it sure was easy though.

The Hille's said...

Well the stocking turned out way too cute! I took a close look at it and you can tell it was a lot of work. I'm with Jami, I got our stockings at the dollar store, bought some fabric paint and wrote our names on it. That's not nearly as fun of story as the "damn stocking!"
ps. I'm glad Santa was able to find the football. I heard those where hard to find! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! How are you doing? Hey, can you tell Maren to email me an invite to her blog! TBBabcock@yahoo.com. I would luv to see her and keep in touch! Hope you guys had a good christmas!

Readfamily said...

I am very impressed with the damn stocking you made!! You have more patience than I do for sure! Looks like you had a great christmas!

Ducksoup said...

hi natalie--it's mary dawn. wow, i am so impressed with chase's stocking. i wouldn't have a clue how to even began such a project. it looks awesome! hope you guys are doing well!!

Shelly said...

I would have been cursing also, but it is very cute. I bought all of ours a few years ago and thought to add names and never did. Great job Nat!

Robs said...

Looks like Christmas was a hit! The stocking looks great--looks like a lot of work! I'm impressed you finished it! Way to go!