I know what some of you might be thinking... when did you go to New York? Well, I was actually supposed to go on a cruise through Europe with my little sis and two sister-in-laws, but things didn't quite work out that way...
To make a really long and painful story short, I flew all the way to Spain and when I was checking in to board the ship they wouldn't let me on! I was too far along in my pregnancy for cruising rules and so I was turned away. Of course you won't find that information easily on their website, but it's a rule none the less. NO CRUISING PAST 22 WEEKS!!! How far along was I... 28! So I booked a flight home the next morning after being on a plane for 15 hours already and being up for over 24 hours. To make matters worse I went to a different hotel than the one originally planned on and my entire family thought I had been abducted or lost somewhere in Spain. Major drama, but I made it home safely and along the way got to spent a couple nights at my brother's house with his two little girls, a day in Time Square, and go to lunch with my cousin Gabby who's getting married in August and I unfortunately can't attend.
It was a complete nightmare, but what do you do? I made the best of it and at least I got to spend a week with the rest of my fam in Utah while the girls were cruising through Europe.
(Sigh)
To make a really long and painful story short, I flew all the way to Spain and when I was checking in to board the ship they wouldn't let me on! I was too far along in my pregnancy for cruising rules and so I was turned away. Of course you won't find that information easily on their website, but it's a rule none the less. NO CRUISING PAST 22 WEEKS!!! How far along was I... 28! So I booked a flight home the next morning after being on a plane for 15 hours already and being up for over 24 hours. To make matters worse I went to a different hotel than the one originally planned on and my entire family thought I had been abducted or lost somewhere in Spain. Major drama, but I made it home safely and along the way got to spent a couple nights at my brother's house with his two little girls, a day in Time Square, and go to lunch with my cousin Gabby who's getting married in August and I unfortunately can't attend.
It was a complete nightmare, but what do you do? I made the best of it and at least I got to spend a week with the rest of my fam in Utah while the girls were cruising through Europe.
(Sigh)
there were no matinee's that day. They were the following day.
(Just my luck!)
5 comments:
I want to go there some day. I am sorry your trip didn't work out but I loved seeing you. I miss having you guys around.
You got some great pictures of NY!!! As bad as your trip turned out, you really were a trooper and made the best out of it.
Nat, I have never heard such a horrible story. That trip sounds like it a trip from hell almost. I am just glad you all made it home in one piece. I'm sure you'll have a chance to go back sometime in our life........haha
I heard about the little vacation mishap and wanted to cry for you! Such a bummer, but it sounds like you were a good sport. Hope you are feeling good!
That's Horrible Nat! I would have been sobbing the whole plane ride home. I am sorry!
Post a Comment