Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Love Lake Powell

We haven't gone to Lake Powell since Chase was about a year and a half.
Everyone in my family is busy with their own families and half of us live away from Utah so Lake Powell took a major back seat for the Dickinson family vacations.  My dad even sold his houseboat time-share and all of his water toys, which I'm sure was actually one of the happiest days of his life.
Well, the golden child of the Dickinson family (I'll let you decide who that is) decided it was time to start back up in the Lake Powell tradition and being the favorite that he is, my dad agreed.
This time we rented everything and it was AWESOME!  I highly recommend it!  Anyone who had ever been on this trip with my family in years past, I am sorry!  There was no houseboat to get off the bouie without dropping the pin, no instructions on how to flush the toilet 10 times a day and still having problems with it, now houseboat to have perfectly clean at the end, and no pooper to empty only to have spill all over yours brothers friends either!
It was SO much fun!  Even Tom enjoyed himself a little! :)


What's not fun about going off a slide off of the back of the houseboat?



 My older brother Ken and Barbie, I mean Beth, and Crew

 

The following pictures are the kids on the tube being towed behind the seadoo.
I don't think these things quit running the entire time we were there.
  


 

 


A little wakeboarding action...






 Chase's birthday happen to be on one of the days we were there so we did a little celebration Lake Powell style...
roasting a marshmallow with 7 candles on it...
 Birthday presents from the marina which included a Lake Powell hat and T-shirt...
 and a family birthday photo.

 The original Lake Powell crew.
The Dickinson's and the Cuthbert's minus a few and having added a lot.


 Landon and Chase wanted to bring home some pets they found on our trip...
um, NO.


 We even had a baby on board.  My nephew Ben.


The captain

Thanks Dad!  We had a blast and can't wait to do it again, and again, and again!
Maybe we'll eventually start paying for ourselves to go too! :)

No comments: