I can't even tell you how much I am going to miss St. Louis. It's not even St. Louis itself so much as the people I have met during my time here. I have met and become friends with some really amazing people who have impacted my life forever. Most of these people do not share my religion or my age group, but we all had one thing in common that brought us together, the gym. I started working out, and I mean just started, at the community YMCA and decided to join one of their classes called "Bootcamp". It was a combination of running, spinning, and strength training, none of which I was very experienced at. I signed up with two of my friends from church and had heard that it was really tough and there was somewhat of a following for the instructor who organized the class. All the women in the class knew one another. I have to admit that I didn't go to the first two classes purely because of fear and intimidation, I didn't think I could hack it. After I finally got up the courage to go I was hooked. I had never been so sore in my entire life, but had never worked so hard either. Over time as I began to get to know these women better it eventually came up that I was 25, had two kids, and got married when I was 19. Elizabeth, the bootcamp instructor, was blown away by this. She couldn't believe it and finally asked me if I was only 19 when I got married, than was I able to drink at my reception? When I told her my husband and I didn't drink she finally put all of the pieces together. Our friendship just grew from there. Since I met these ladies I run, spin, and do all sorts of crazy things on a regular basis and I have a blast doing it, purely because I am with them. I love them all and don't know if it's possible to replace them. Thank you everyone from Bootcamp for all that you taught and showed me. Especially a huge shout-out to Elizabeth and Julie. They both are amazing athletes and took me under their wings and taught me so much about so many things. I love you guys!
Just before the "farewell" spin for Jamie and I
Elizabeth did an awesome job during the spin. The music was the best!
She played this song about Iowa in my honor,
it was hillarious!
I wish I could have put it on my playlist, but I couldn't find it.
That night they threw us a going away party
Top row from left to right:
Marsha, me, Jen, Aixa, Elizabeth, Jamie, Norene
Bottom row from Left to right:
Kim, Gayna, Kathy, Suzy, Julie (Boston marathon in 3:39), Nancy (3:14 marathon)
I will respect them and not tell you how old they really are,
Let's just say AMAZING GIRLS!
Luz, Michelle, Lisa, Megan, Ashley, Suzy, Christy, Kim
More of us at "Amigos", Megan's new restaurant,
Very good food!
4 comments:
I bet you will miss those girls. I have a hard time with good byes. You are so amazing and will always make good friends where ever you go. Love ya Nat!
Hey Natalie! It's Tauni. This blog world is crazy! You look amazing! Your boys are darling! My sister-in-law just moved to St. Louis last week. It's to bad you guys are moving! I hope you are doing well.
Natalie and Bryce,
Off to Iowa, eh? Well..... we are off to OHIO!!! Today we received news that Steve got accepted to MD school in Toledo, Ohio. University of Toledo. Any suggestions or advice as we head into the life of Med Students would be greatly appreciated!!!
how early did you do that class i am so chubby i need to so something like that but were do you start.
you look so good
brit
Post a Comment