Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ensign Article

There's an article in the Ensign this month that to me was particularly touching.  It is written by Diane Terry Wolf and is titled "Putting My Hands In The Lords".
This article is about how she got through the sudden death of her husband 25 years ago.  It's a special article for my family and I because the accident she speaks of was one my own dad was a part of.  He was duck hunting on Utah Lake one Nov. with his good friend when a storm came and the boat capsized and they were left floating in freezing water.  My dad survived, but his friend Bryan did not.  He left his wife pregnant with their fifth child.  Later my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother who was honorably was named Bryan.
I encourage anyone to read it.  It's great insight on how to deal with adversity in your life.

Link:

4 comments:

Renee said...

I knew that this story involved your dad and thought about your family when I read it....I didn't realize that was where Bryan got his name. How neat! It was a great story!

Shelly said...

I was going to tell you about that. My mom saw it and so I read it. It was very touching.

Jenny C said...

What a cool story!

Rebecs said...

What a great article, and so needed right now. I must tell you how sorry I am for your weather up there. I enjoy the cold, but that's not cold, that's just miserable!