I could seriously do at least 10 different posts just on our baseball season with as many pictures as I have documenting the boys seasons! Let's just say that baseball pretty much ruled our lives all spring and summer long! It was so fun and the boys got to play on teams with a lot of their good friends so they really had a blast, but was I glad when it ended! I can only take so many days of sitting through 3 or sometimes even 4 baseball games in a day!
Here are some of the highlights...
Here are some of the highlights...
Brady was the team mascot and a player in training all season long.
He was such a good sport during those long hot days and wants to be like all the older boys!
Someone should start by teaching him how to put the helmet on the right way...
Chase had a great season in Rookie ball and was lucky enough to get placed on the same team as two of his best friends.
He wasn't sure he wanted to play at the beginning of the season, but when I told him he was on Owen's and Kyle's team he was so excited! Chase does not like new things and especially new things with new people so having friends involved is always a plus.
Owen, Chase, and Kyle
The crew with their medals after the last game.
I was so happy they got to play together!
I had to force them to take the above picture...
The one below is them in their usual demeanor.
When I say baseball ruled our lives over the spring and summer what I really mean is LANDON'S baseball really ruled our lives!
He was invited to play on a competitive team this year and it was really a commitment for him and for us! They take baseball seriously here and that includes the 10u teams!
His team was called the North Liberty Knights and it was full of his friends from school so needless to say, he had fun.
They had a great season and Landon made some really good friends that he may not have met otherwise so despite the long, hot, humid days in the sun watching game after game I think we'll consider the experience a huge success.
These three all have older brother who played on the Knights.
Thank goodness they had each other for entertainment!
Towards the end of the season the team had the opportunity to practice with some players from the Iowa Kernels AAA team.
You would have thought they were practicing with the major leagues they were so excited!
They all got autographs from the players and the guys were so great with all the kids it was nice of them to come out and take the time.
To end the season the team had a big party at the local pool.
These kids got along so well throughout the season and it was so great to see them end the year having such a good time together.

No comments:
Post a Comment