Friday, November 7, 2008

Backyard Football


Some of you may know that I am really raising 3 boys, not 2.  My husband is just as much of a kid  as the little two... sometimes more.
The other day he went and bought spray paint to turn our yard into a football field.  After school it's the neighborhood football field anyway, but now it's official.  We have the white lines to prove it.




Landon and the neighbor boys were so excited.  It rained that night and
the biggest concern when they woke up the next morning was 
whether the lines for the football field were still there.
They were.

13 comments:

The Hille's said...

That's awesome! I'm sure your boys just loved it! And I know what your talking about, raising three boys, Bryce can throw a tantrum with the best of them. We luv you Bryce! :)

Heavy On Wholesome said...

I am so jealous of your yard. I wish we had a quarter of your yard for Caden to play in. I guess we'll have to move back to the midwest for that to happen. :(

Renee said...

That does not suprise me one little bit - how fun for the boys!

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

I didn't look at the picture close but now I can see it is Bryce in the middle of the field and another Dad on the side line. I thought maybe it was Natalie in the middle of the field being the referee. Looks like fun!

The Dickinson's said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! Me, Brandon, and Ken are checking out your blog and that made us laugh. You are raising 3 boys..your house is going to be the best hangout for the neighbors. By the way your mom made your famous chocolate cake tonight, and I must say that is the best recipe i have ever had! i ate so much of it, because it was so good, I feel sick. i think i've gained 10 lbs. Well we can't wait to see you. Only 1 more week. Love ya and hope your doing good.

Jenny C said...

That is so cute!

Shannon Crandall said...

Cute idea I think that is perfect! Hey if gets the kids to your house so you can chill in the house while they play in the back yard that is a great idea!!!! It must be fun to have your own house that you can do what you like with it!! I had friends growing up that made a basketball key in the street and got busted by the city but when they covered it up you could still see the outline and it is still there, a favorite spot for the boys in the neighborhood!

megship said...

Uh, yeah, Bryce is a kid. I wonder if everyone will call him Dr. Kid.

Rebecs said...

What a great idea! Good thing Bryce has decided to become a doctor, might come in handy with football! Looks like Iowa has been good to you so far, now bring on the ice and tornados.

Ash said...

just let me know I'm up for whatever...

Ash said...

email me bshum4281@yahoo.com

Kat and Mo said...

How hillarious!!! I love to see that Bryce is still so fun and youthful. You guys have so much fun as a family.