Thursday, October 21, 2010

Field Trip to Honey Creek

I hate to admit it, but I'm not one who goes on every one of my kids field trips...
in fact, I rarely go. I am selfish, I would rather get my workout in at the gym than accompany a class to the fire station or grocery store or wherever else these they can think of to go.
I know, I am a horrible mother!
I will however pick to go on a few and the apple orchard sounded like one that might be a little more fun than some of the others. It was actually a great field trip and the owners did a great job explaining everything they do their to keep the place running and the kids all loved it.
We did start out on a hay tractor ride that about 2 minutes into it could have turned out much worse than it did. Something broke between the tractor and the wagon and we, on the wagon, were headed strait into the tractor. Luckily, it stopped quickly and the kids didn't seam too affected by it and were just bummed we couldn't finish the ride and that we had to walk back.

All the kids got to sample an apple from their very large refrigerator.


Listening to them explain how they keep bees on the property to help grow the apples and pumpkins, who knew?. All the kids got to taste some of the honey that they produce and they were all very interested in the bees.


Cute Kindergartners!


1 comment:

Jenn S said...

If it makes you feel any better...I just got a call about a party in Lauren's class today that I had no idea about. I'm a loser......but I'm still not going to rush over there and party with her class. Don't feel bad, they have enough parties and "field trips" with us all the time, right!??!