Landon turned 7 today! This was his first birthday away from family in Utah. We tried to make his day as special as possible, being that we don't know anyone here yet and the two friends he has made are out of town for the weekend. I took Chase with me to buy Landon's presents and tried my hardest to tell him that we had to keep them a secret. I even bribed him with a treat from the store if he wouldn't tell. He kept telling me that he understood and wouldn't tell Landon. Of course, the second Chase came in contact with his brother he whispered to him that we bought him "Hulk Smashers".... but it was a secret. I think Chase was the most excited about them because he kept asking when Landon got to open the hulk smashers so they could play. How can you expect a 3 year old to keep a secret like that anyway? Going along with my families tradition, Landon picked out what kind of cake he wanted on his birthday (White cake that looked like a basketball). I tried my best at the cake and made his choice for dinner. I think he loved all of his presents and despite only celebrating with us had a great day.
Landon is such a great kid. When he wants to be he is the most loving sincere boy you will ever meet. He loves his younger brother and is great to include him. He told me the other day that he doesn't want to start 1st grade because, "he'll be gone all day and won't have any time to play with his brother". He is such an athlete and loves all sports. He will sit and talk to anyone about his favorite teams and players at that time. He's always willing to help his mom when it is time to clean up and rarely complains about it. We love having him in our family and don't know what we would do without him. I am so blessed to have such great boys, but particularly on this day and I am so grateful for my boy Landon.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Landon!! Syd is dying to play Mario cart with you, maybe we can call you later and you guys can play.
Happy Birthday Landon! Wow, I can't believe he is 7! Crazy! We are really feeling the "no friend thing", Nash's birthday is next week and I think we are going to be flying solo. Kinda sad, we miss you guys!
I can't believe Bryce let the boys play "hulk smashers" in front of the TV. Wow, it really was a special day!
Hope you had a great Birthday Landon! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. I can not believe you are 7. WOW!!
Happy Birthday Landon! Hope you had a great day! Brandin just sent you an ecard. He wanted to do it last night but it was too late. So sorry it is a day late!
Landon is so dang cute! I almost got those hulk smashers for Dax too. You will have to let me know if it was worth it or if it was more of a pain.
I am so sad we didn't see you while you were here, I texted that old number I had for you, but I you probably have a new one. Anyway, let me know when you caome again...Christmas or Thanksgiving and I will plan something so we can have dinner with some of the girls.
Nat, I cannot believe that Landon is 7! That is crazy! I hope that all is well in Iowa. My parents loved it there as does everyone that I talk to that has spent any time there. I am sure you will be great! Thanks for all the updates and cute pictures. Bryan looks great!
Oh my gosh Nat, you have the most adorable boys in the world. They are so cute. It looks like you are settling in. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment