Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sweet little Lando


I forgot to include the highlight of my birthday.  I was shopping at Hobby Lobby (Craft store) today and Landon wandered off.  When I looked around the corner to see where he had gone I noticed him lingering around the card isle.  He than told a women who was also shopping in the same isle that it was his mom's birthday today.  I noticed the two of them looking at cards together, but kept my distance.  After he was finished he came up to me and asked me if he could have $1.99.  Of course I told him he could, so I gave him $2 plus change and he went  to the cashier and purchased the card by himself.  He was so careful to keep me from seeing the purchase so the suprise wasn't spoiled.  He took the card home and wrote in it all by himself and colored it for me.  I have to say that it was better than any present I could have received that day.  Landon is so sweet and it's little things like this that make me so proud to be his mother.


" I love you mom (he signed it himself and also included Chase and Dad).
I hope you have the best birthday ever.  You are the best.
Happy Birthday."

I love this kid so much!


10 comments:

Jami said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. Happy Birthday, sorry I suck at remembering birthdays. Sami is sitting with me and she says she wants you to be her mom so she can have some of your cake!!

Kari said...

So cute! Way to go Landon!

The Hille's said...

Ok Landon is so cute. What a sweet heart to think of you!

So I need that ice cream cake recipe! Ice cream cake is my all time favorite! And your cake looks delicious.

Wow, I can't believe the table. It looks great! I have to say, I'm impressed.

Higginson Family said...

Boys are so sweet! Happy Birthday I hope you had a great day. Your b-day cake was awesome.

Shelly said...

I love getting notes like that. That Boy is a keeper.

megship said...

He really is a sweetheart! I love that story! I would have just melted!

Troy and Mindi said...

That is so sweet! Hope you had a great day!

McGiven Family.... said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! What a great kid!

Lindsay said...

I have the sweetest nephew.

Rebecs said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nat! That was the sweetest story ever! Have you meet Steve and Trudy Russell yet?